Schools throughout the world participate in the Computer Science Education Week’s #HourofCode, which will take place in 2016 from December 5th to 9th. Unfortunately, many schools don’t move beyond that hour. As stakeholders in providing the best educational experiences to prepare students for tomorrow, it is imperative that we move “Beyond the Hour of Code” and truly integrate coding into the daily instruction for all.
Join Bryan Miller and Kiki Prottsman to learn more about:
- Creating a maker culture in your schools and beyond
- Using computer science for inquiry-based learning and integrating computer science with all subject areas
- What district administration can do to empower teachers to bring computer science into the school day
- How to create coding/robotics electives and after school clubs
- Where teachers can find curriculum to use year-round
Bryan Miller is the Educator Community Manager at Wonder Workshop, the creator of the Dash and Dot robots. This presentation will be of interest to all PreK-8 educators. Come one and all!
For more information and to register, visit: http://home.edweb.net/webinar/beyond-hour-code-implementation/