Strategic Staff Development Blended Course
Strategic staff development aligns staff resources to the library’s mission and goals and fosters a knowledgeable staff able to anticipate and adapt to continuous change. Public Library Directors skilled in strategic staff development will be able to identify and enhance the knowledge and skills their staff need to acquire in order for the public library to be successful.
During this 5 week blended course participants will meet face-to-face at a scheduled session during the Alaska Library Association Conference in Anchorage and complete an online course.
During the course participants will:
1. Identify library services and learning priorities based on a thorough analysis of library’s mission and vision statement and a staff self-assessment.
2. Review staff job descriptions and determine competencies staff need to develop based on the Competency Index for the Library Field
3. Find formal training and/or design informal learning opportunities
4. Design a staff development plan
Course will run March 9th thru April 13th.
Course size is limited and librarians interested in participating are encouraged to register early.
If you have any questions regarding the Strategic Staff Development Blended Course, please call Julie Niederhauser at 907-465-2916 or email Julie.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Friday, March 9, 2018
- All Day Event
- Alaska State Library ~Statewide