Science Cinema: A Little-known Resource for Students and Teachers
(Federal Depository Library Program)
Register to attend the live training webinar, "Science Cinema: A Little-known Resource for Students and Teachers."
- Speaker: Jane Canfield, Coordinator of Federal Documents, Pontifical Catholic University of Puerto Rico
- Learning outcomes: This webinar presents Science Cinema, which offers scientific videos featuring leading-edge research from the U.S. Department of Energy. Using innovative indexing and speech recognition technology, Science Cinema allows users to search for specific words and phrases spoken within video files. Science Cinema offers videos in a range of levels and for varied audiences. These videos are useful for professors, students, and anyone wishing to increase knowledge in the sciences. Subjects include water, energy, geothermal energy, physics, and chemistry, among others. Participants are invited to bring topics they wish to search and participate in a live demonstration of Science Cinema.
- Expected level of knowledge for participants: No prerequisite knowledge required.
- Wednesday, February 21, 2018
- 10:00am - 11:00am
- Online webinar
- Alaska State Library ~Statewide