Implicit Bias in the Library Workplace
In this webinar, presenter Dr. Michele A. L. Villagran will share examples of implicit bias within the library workplace and discuss best practices for addressing and minimizing implicit bias in recruitment, hiring and retention. Attendees will have access to a reference list of articles and videos on implicit bias including ones the presenter has authored and instructions for taking a free implicit bias test.
At the end of this one-hour webinar, participants will:
- Increase awareness of situations involving biases.
- Identify different types of implicit bias challenges.
- Develop an understanding of how to approach implicit biases.
- Describe strategies and solutions to foster an inclusive work environment that may be applied within library workplace.
- Apply best practices within library workplace to reduce implicit bias in recruiting, hiring and retention.
To learn more and to register visit https://infopeople.org/training/view/webinar
- Tuesday, January 15, 2019
- 11:00am - 12:00pm
- Online webinar
- Alaska State Library ~Statewide